Elite Moving Co. of Bessemer City, AL has some helpful tips for all those parents out there that will be moving their kids to college this fall. Typically college start dates are anywhere from mid-August to the beginning of September.
This time of year is still very hot across the country, so heat is just one of the obstacles that you will be facing. You’ll also be up against traffic and sharing elevators & stair cases with hundreds of other students and their families.
Whether you are moving your child down the road to the local college or across the country, our moving tips will help making moving day a little easier.
1. First, bring refreshments and snacks. Moving can be tiresome and your moving crew will need to be refueled to keep their energy up throughout the day.
2. Second, check the college website for move in times. If possible pick a move in time that is during the week to avoid the weekend rush.
3. Third, bring cleaning supplies. You’ll most likely want to spot clean the room to get rid of any dust or critters that have accumulated over summer.
4. Fourth, decorate last. Be sure to unpack all the big ticket items and larger boxes that take up space before focusing on the little details.
5. Fifth, invest in organization products. Dorm rooms are typically very small and you’ll want to maximize space.